Mersch Railway Station – Refurbishment
Société des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois - CFL
This project is part of an overall dynamic to revitalize and develop the Mersch railway station district.
The retrofitting of Mersch railway station benefits users by:
- Increasing passenger capacity and comfort (renewal and expansion of platform surfaces, redevelopment of the train and bus station square).
- Improving network reliability by upgrading railway facilities.
- Development of mixed-mode commuting (intermodal transportation) with new interconnections between the railway station, the P+R and surrounding districts.
- Modernisation of orientation systems and installations facilitating PMR accessibility.
One of the challenges this project presents is the need to maintain continuous traffic at the bus and railway stations during the construction phase.
Increased useful length of platforms
2018 - 2023
- Studies monitoring
- General and detailed scheduling
- Construction stages
- Quality / quantity technical assistance
- Authorization Monitoring
- Follow-up of Tenders
- Financial and accounting monitoring
- Construction site management
- Commissioning organisation